When you go to Disney World, there are some simple rules everyone should follow.
1. Go into training mode at least 1 month in advance. Do not sit down for 16 hours a day and power walk on your treadmill for at least one hour every morning, noon and night.
2. Look in the mirror before you leave the house. Front and back. Know your body and what makes you look good. This is not it.
3. Have a plan. Research the parks and where you want to go but be willing to change said plan because things do not always work out the way you want.
4. Don't walk 6 people across on the walkways. Blocking traffic will not make WDW the Happiest Place on Earth for many people.
5. Learn about the Fast Pass system and how to use it to your advantage.
6. Don't eat chicken nuggets and fries. Disney offers some of the best food I've ever tasted. If you need a recommendation, let me know.
7. If your child is screaming bloody murder, take a break. Find a corner to sit down and let them explore whatever fascinates them. Believe me, you'll both be happier.
8. Talk to people. Disney is a melting pot. Listen to the languages. Learn about people. Everyone has a story.
9. When our kids were younger, we busted out of our hotel at the butt crack of dawn. Now that they are all almost teenagers we don't leave the hotel until noon and enjoy and quieter parks in the evening.
10. Have fun. Disney is a great place to create memories. Stop and savor the moment. It may be your last opportunity to create a truly magical moment.