Sunday, May 22, 2011

Healthy Eating Tips From Around the World - Balanced Living Center - Everyday Health

I love flavorful food. I want to eat healthy, but that doesn't mean it needs to be bland and boring. I love spicy food. I love food that makes your mouth go WOW!

I posted today on FACEBOOK that I love to watch the Cooking Channel, but I hate to cook. Sadly, it is very true. Half the time I make an awesome menu plan, purchase groceries and then half the produce rots because we on the run during the week and I didn't allow myself enough time to prepare and cook everything. Is it my fault? YES, but what can a mom of 3 busy daughters do? Here is my rationale for hating to cook:

‎1) I don't know how to cook. Any directions with more depth than turn the oven to 350 & throw in chicken nuggets is a problem. 
2) My mom was a fantastic cook (albeit her cooking was full of fat) and I was always in some after school sport. So why did I have to learn? 
3) I refuse to cook unhealthy meals...so I just don't cook? 
4) The family dinner table....excuse me, what is that? Rarely see that any more.

I found this article about healthy eating tips from around world. Hopefully, it will help me and you get back on track for the summer.
Healthy Eating Tips From Around the World - Balanced Living Center - Everyday Health

No comments:

Post a Comment