Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cold Water Challenge

While I was Indy for the Mini-Marathon, my friend, Nate, tagged me in the cold water challenge. The challenge was to dive into a cold body of water within 24 hours or donate $100 to St. Jude Children's Hospital. Nate knows I can't pass up a challenge....or a change to do something for St. Jude. 

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

I got home from Indy, dropped my back pack in the bedroom, changed into my suit and  drove out to Lake Windermere. After giving a brief speech where I challenged 4 of my friends, I took my dive. You can see the dive here: 


And they all accepted the challenge as well.  I am surrounded by loving passionate people. People who are passionate about living life to the fullest...which is why Jill showed up in an Ursula costume. Jill does a lot of costuming for local theatre productions and spent most of Saturday afternoon planning her costume. I mean who doesn't have an Ursula costume in their closet, right? 


They all took a dive in the nice, cold water.....and then we all retreated to Jill's house for wine.


It really was a great way to wrap up an incredible weekend where lessons have been learned and friendships enjoyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment