Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ironman Nutrition

Almost two weeks ago, I went to see the Good Doctor. I was more than a little stunned when he said my A1C which had normally been around 6.2-6.4 jumped to 7.1. OUCH! He asked me how my diet has been going and my immediate response was fine. 


However after reflecting more on it, I know what the problem is. I am working out so much at such a longer intensity that I feel like I'm constantly needing to fuel. When I first started training for IMLOU, I had a couple of workouts where I didn't have enough fuel to get me through my workouts. So I went the other way.....eat, workout, eat workout, nap, eat, workout. Enough already. I'm back to trying to focus on good nutrition. 


Speaking of which I listened to a Ben Greenfield podcast the other day with Dr. Stacy Sims. The podcast was full of great information for the actual race day. 

Ben Greenfield - Endurance Nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment