Sunday, June 16, 2013

Rides with Wolves

Back in the 80s they probably called me "Girl with no fashion sense".


Today you can call me "Rides with Wolves". I went for a quick bike ride on the morning of Father's Day since I'm supposed to be training for the Tremont Triathlon which is this weekend. I was squeezing in a ride before heading to Bloomington to watch my nephew's baseball game and see my father-in-law. 

A fast 12 mile ride over the hills south of town made for interesting lesson in agriculture. As I rode down one road I heard a horn blast three times and suddenly the herd of cows shifted in the pasture. (Note: ask my favorite ag girl, Kelsey, about this.) Further into my ride I came across a small critter trotting along the side of the road. I say it was a small wolf. My dear husband says it was probably a coyote because we don't have wolves in the area. I say I don't care what you call it it was wildlife that one doesn't normally see. 

The triathlon is 2 days away....and I just realized last night that I haven't done a single brick workout. Oops. Guess it isn't going to happen now.

Signing off "Rides with Wolves"

No comments:

Post a Comment