Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 Starting off Strong

With January comes along many changes for most people...changes which they forget about by the Super Bowl. Not the case for me. January marks the beginning of IRONMAN WISCONSIN training.  

Once again, I have a great group of people from T3 working toward their goals. Not all of them are doing Wisconsin. Some of them are doing Louisville, Lake Placid, or even just  for some long bike rides. The best part is just getting together to bear down through a workout. 



Our group trainer rides are grueling. Most of the workouts are based on an indoor training program from Beginning Triathlete. Last week someone brought a SUFFERFEST video for us to review. All I can say is I hated it.....and yet loved it. It was quite the tough ride.


The biggest changes for me come from a nutrition point of view. My absolute favorite candy in the world is Hot Tamales. While I am diabetic, I did use them during my long runs or rides last year as a special treat to bring some carbs into my body. My biggest weakness though is movie theatre popcorn. I know. I know. It's horrible for me, but that smell is intoxicating and my husband butters and salts it ohhhh so well.

As of January 2nd,  I gave it all up. I've entered into a nutrition challenge with some friends where we have all agreed to eliminiate soda, alcohol and unnecessary carbs. Bye bye Diet Pepsi. Bye bye popcorn. I thought it would be a challenge but we went to a movie last Friday and it realy wasn't as bad as I had made it out to be. 

Starting 2014 off strong....slowly ramping up working toward endurance distances. Who needs to be fast when you have 17 hours to complete your goal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment