Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014

Goodbye 2013!! Or shall I say good riddance? Don't get me wrong. 2013 wasn't a horrible year. It just didn't leave a very positive impression. 

Highlights of the year? 
- PR at the Indy Half Marathon
- Completing my first marathon 
- Disney Wine & Dine Weekend
- Getting certified in BODYCOMBAT and as a GRIT Coach

Lowlights of the year? 
- Getting 4th place in the Tremont Tri by .23 seconds
- Going on Metformin

As I usher in 2014, I can honestly say I got this. My exercise plan is ready to be executed. I'll still teach 8-10 classes per week as well as starting to train for Ironman Wisconsin. My new tri bike is locked and loaded, ready to hit the trainer. I can only hope that my Runner's Knee will not be as aggravating once I start running again in the next few days. 
So what are my goals for 2014?
It all comes down to food. NUTRITION. Properly fueling my body. For January, my goals are:
- No soda or alcohol 
- 64 oz of water each day
- No carbs after 6 pm
- Log my food daily in MyFitnessPal
- Planning and preparing 4 dinners / week for myself as well as my entire family 

In order to motivate myself to stick to this fabulous plan, I have entered into a friendly little competition with some friends. We will log points in a Google doc spreadsheet, smack talk and cajole each other to hitting our goals.

My end goal? Ironman Wisconsin on September 7, 2014. My intermediate goal? Get back to IMLOU weight.

Day 1 of 2014 is complete. Here's to a much improved year and great things which are yet to come. 

1 comment:

  1. You go, Girl... you got this! ! We will push & encourage each other!!

    ReplyDelete