Saturday, September 12, 2009

OK, well, that sucked

I've started following the Fitness Magazine half-marathon training plan for beginners. It all went great...until today.

Here's my workouts from the last week:

Sat 9/5/9 3 mi easy run - 1st run after a week off with a sprained ankle

Sun 9/6/9 Actually played volleyball with my family. Nothing wrong with a little cross training, right?

Mon 9/7/9 Rest day

Tues 9/8/9 3.7 mi moderate pace - felt pretty good.

Wed 9/9/9 - A Magical Day!!!!! I did my Yoga/pilates DVD and day 1 of Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut

Thurs 9/10/9 - 4.35 mi run - EASY. No problem, Felt great.

Fri 9/11/9 - 10 mi bike ride. I hope the bike. No I don't. Yes, I do. I just need to spend more time on the bike, but I didn't want to spend hours on the bike. I needed to get to work.

Sat 9/12/9 - 3.89 mi run. IT SUCKED! SUCKED BAD! I could tell in the first few steps that it was not going to be a good run. My legs were tired. My breathing was labored. I started up West Street, uphill, not smart to JOLT your body like that.

It may not have been up a mountain, but I felt like the whole run was going up hill. I just couldn't get into a groove and feel positive about my attempt to be healthy. Of course to make it worse, I cross Rt 9 and out of the corner of my eye someone is coming running at me. Oh crap! It's Gene! The man runs a 7+ min mile and here I am trudging along on probably one of my worst training runs in a long time at barely under 10 min miles. Ugh! So embarrassing. Of course, Gene decides to be my little cheerleader. "Keep it up. At least you're doing it." All the usual B.S. All I could think of was how horrible it was for him to see me TODAY of all days. When my legs felt like lead bricks and there was a small child sitting on my lungs compressing them to such a small size that I couldn't get any air into them.

I finished the afternoon by taking Samantha shopping for Homecoming dresses. I still can't believe that I have a daughter in high school. I'll post pictures later of the 3 potential dresses. At least she didn't make me suffer. She found something pretty quickly. Now we just need to get the shoes.

My body hurt the rest of the day after my run. I don't know if it was just the run was THAT bad or allergies had kicked in. I took some allergy medicine and came home from shopping and took a power nap.
We went to the winery for the evening. Jeff & I had a nice relaxing evening, but it was exactly a wild night on the town. The band was awesome (Jamsamich), but we weren't in the mood. We had a nice bottle of Alexander's Conquest and decided to head home early.

No comments:

Post a Comment