Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm thinking spring.....

Spring is around the corner. Really. Just ignore the call for a wintery mix this weekend. It is just the news media's way of trying to destroy my optimism.

In the past month since I last posted, what have I done?
  • I've run 2-3 times per week.
  • Increased my long runs to 12 miles just last Saturday
  • I've floundered with my swimming routine.
  • I've rescued my swimming by changing my swim days to Tues & Thurs
  • I've continued to lose weight (slowly, but it's coming off)
  • Ohhh and I bought a new bike! YAY ME!
My new bike:
Isn't she beautiful? She has nice clean lines. A nice shine to her paint job, but she needs a name. What shall I name her? She's Turk maroon.

I haven't ridden her yet....other than up and down my street two times. I thought I'd ride her today, but I have slave masters for bosses who said "You must work on this goergeous day!" OK, maybe not. However, I week from now we'll be on the road for spring break. I have a lot to get done before then.

Last Saturday I ran 12 miles from Morton to East Peoria and back again. 12 miles. Yes, I've said it. I've done it. I'm still amazed by it. ME??!!?? No way. I am a runner. Oops, scratch that. I'm not a runner. I'm an athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment