Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Seeking Iron


Some people seek fame. Some people seek fortune. Some people seek IRON....or maybe as in my case half iron.

Last  night Camo-Man and I signed up for the Indy Mini-Marathon which is always held the first weekend in May. As I was rolling dates, races, and training possibilities through my head, it suddenly occurred to me that I will have some extra time on my hands beginning December 20th. After that date, I will actually have free time during the day to train for races...for a half-marathon in May & a 70.3 Ironman in July! Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Several people from my local triathlon club are participating in the FULL Ironman in Louisville in August. I, however, cannot make that kind of commitment. I'm a person who likes to know that I will accomplish my goals. So I plan on doing a half IM this year and possibly, maybe, a full IM in 2013.

So...on the race docket for 2012 so far....
Indy Mini-Marathon: May 4, 2012
Tremont Triathlon: June 23, 2012
Ironman 70.3 Muncie: July 7, 2012

Looks to be a good year!
Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment