Thursday, October 25, 2012

Some things are worth the wait

Some things are worth the wait. Anticipating a big moment can lead to a boost of happiness which can last up to 8 weeks especially if you've been looking forward to an event as long as I have.

And now it is 14 days away.....


Two weeks from now we will be flying out to Orlando for Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend.

WHOOO WHOOO!!!

We signed up for this event a year ago. I had to bribe my dear husband to go playing on his guilty conscience and reminding him that we will be celebrating 19 years of marriage on November 6th. So, why not celebrate in a big way and go to Disney for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon again this year?

His response???? But honey it's hunting season.

Me: (crickets)

I am so sorry, dear, but if you would rather spend the weekend in a duck blind with the boys you can go right on ahead. I will be in Disney lapping up the sun, enjoying the most magical place in the world, tasting some of the best food from all over the world and sipping wine to my little heart's content.

Luckily, he saw my point of view and decided he should come along with me.

In 2010, I participated in the inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon with Awesome Cheryl. Instead of participating in the half marathon, Jeff taunted me saying he would be at the finish line with a beer in hand. While this may be true, he missed out on opportunities to have his picture taken with Jesse, Darth Vader, Mickey Mouse and many other favorite Disney characters. P lus, his ticket for the after party cost almost as much as the race registration.

So when registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opened last March, Jeff decided he was going to run and join us in the magic of running a Disney Half Marathon.

Little did he know I had more plans for him.
Prince Charming & Cinderella

During the week, my dear husband wears business attire. On the weekends especially in the winter much to my chagrin, he wears camo. Luckily, I could not think of any Disney characters who wear camo...well until a friend mentioned the hunter who killed Bambi's mother.

Instead, I found this costume idea for us. Prince Charming and Cinderella. I mean how much sweeter could we be??? Of course, Jeff thought he should go as Gaston because he already has the physique.

Hmmm, we'll just let that one go.

So maybe I haven't found the perfect costume yet. I'm still looking. Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment