Friday, October 19, 2012

The sun will rise

My favorite season of the year is fall. Maybe it's the colorful landscape which arrives with the turning of the leaves. Maybe it's because my birthday is in October. Maybe it's because the temperatures have cooled and my hives have finally disappeared.

It's definitely not because of the rain we've experienced for the last week. The constant onslaught of precipitation has disrupted just about all of my plans this week including tonight's last home football game for the Tremont Turks.

THS Dance Team
The cooler weather meant it was time to layer up for the game. After donning running tights under my jeans, three layers of tops, gloves and a scarf, I was finally ready for the game. I was ready for the cold, but not the rain. As I walked toward the football field, a soft drizzle started to fall. Unfortunately I did not have an umbrella with me which left me unable to take pictures for Sam's last regular season dance routine. Thankfully I was able to snap a picture of the dance team during a brief break from the rain.

The dance for the night was a Pom routine. As luck would have it, the choreography required the team to land a jump on the ground, twirl around on the soppy turf and fling their Pom poms side to side which in the end meant they were soaked & frozen from head to toe.

William Sonoma Hot Chocolate
As soon as the dance routine was complete, we booked it back to our car. Sorry Turks. I realize this is the first time you've made it to the playoffs since 2007 and I should be very excited that this class of seniors who I've watched grow up has taken you to post-season play, but let's call it like we see it. I'm a fair weather fan and it was time to head home.

Once home and in dry clothes, it was time to get warm with a little William Sonoma hot chocolate, my Sherpa blanket and a fire in the fireplace. Ok so maybe I added a little something extra to the hot chocolate, but it didn't take long for the warmth to spread and feeling to return to my toes once again.

Chilling by the fire
Sipping on my hot chocolate, I reflected on the week. Abby is still struggling with something. The doctor is treating her for gastritis, but she continues to visit the nurse's office at school daily. My week has been consumed with worry over what my baby girl is fighting. Virus? Anxiety? Hormones? Samantha, on the other hand, is excited about the future. She attended a college fair and has found 4 new potential candidates for college. How can she be ready for college already? And Annelise? Well Annelise triggered the smoke detectors trying to light a candle in her room. Needless to say that isn't happening anymore.

As for me, I was able to get in 2 short runs this week & launched Body Flow and Body Pump in Tremont. Tomorrow is the Tremont Duathlon and I'll get to see many of my fellow Ironman/T3 friends who will be competing or volunteering at the event.

With all of my worrying this week, I found a quote on Pinterest helpful:

Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning for the future, stop trying to figure out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens.

Life is an adventure. Tomorrow the sun will rise and we will breathe. You never know what the day may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment