Friday, February 1, 2013

Adding Color to my Life

2013 is supposed to be my year. My year for fun, adventurous, healthy races. My original plan was to go Coast to Coast with Disney and run the Disney Land Half Marathon in September and the WDW Wine & Dine in November. Unfortunately, while I was waiting for my friends to confirm we were all in, Disney said you are out as the half marathon sold out in less than 24 hours. 
INDEED
My reaction, "Wait! Wha...??? Seriously?". Bummer. Disney Land only hosts two half marathons: The Tinker Bell Half which was held in January and the Disney Land Half which is held in September. 

Because I couldn't get into the half, I lost my opportunity to hit my Coast to Coast goal for 2013. With another Ironman planned for 2014, I won't achieve that goal until at least 2015 now. I am heart broken. 
As I set wallowing in my despair, I finally decided I need to get over myself and find something else to focus on for 2013. I already have the Chicago Marathon as a goal - and NO I will not wait for anyone else on that one. I will register the morning it opens on February 19th. I am looking forward to the marathon. Not only is it in one of my favorite cities, it is also my birthday weekend. So I'll run a few miles and celebrate middle age all at the same time. 

I am also already registered for the Muncie 70.3 in July which was turned into a $300 Oly-man race due to the extreme heat last year. Hopefully this year the distance won't be changed because it is my big triathlon of the year. 

It may not be Disney, but it will be fun!



So the rest of my races for 2013 need to be filled with fun, with adventure, with COLOR! I've wanted to do a Color Run since I first heard about them last year. I posted on Facebook that I was looking for some colorful personalities to do the Color Run with this year and suddenly my Facebook wall was exploding. Before I could get locked out again, I signed up for the fall St. Louis Color Run....along with a dozen or so of my friends.

The Color Run is held on September 15th this year. (They do have a spring St. Louis on April 27; however, it is on the same day as Samantha's Senior Prom.) On the 14th, I'll run the Pumpkin Classic 10k and then pack up to head to St. Louis for the Color Run 5k with friends. Oh the colorful, wild adventures we will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment