Saturday, March 9, 2013

Love Languages

I talk about two books constantly: "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell and "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. "Outliers" is a book about the factors which contribute to one's success in school and sports. Don't get me started on that one! The other is a book about understanding human nature and how we relate to each other. I highly recommend both books.

I read "The Five Love Languages" about 10 years ago. I've known this for years about myself, but my primary love language is TIME. Time spent with someone is a great way to connect and stay a part of their life, but other strong love languages for me include Words of Encouragement and Physical Touch.  My lowest love languages are Acts of Service and rock bottom of them all is Gifts. If you want to take a short quiz, you can find your Love Language by completing these questions.

I've said for years that I do not want to buy a gift just because I feel obligated. I want to buy a gift because when I see it in the store I look at it and know I just have to buy it for you. The same goes for gifts that I receive. I do not want chotchkies. I do not deal well with clutter. I do not want to be a part of a bunco group because I don't want to bring home a bunch of junk I will never use. Most of the said chotchkids will continue to sit in my basement in storage collecting dust. No matter how cute they are.

But if you do hit upon something special. Something which you know will melt my heart. Why, yes, I will joyously accept your generous and thoughful gift.

And that is what happened yesterday.
My IRON Goddess Bondi Band

My dear friend and ZUMBA class participant recently won five headbands from Bondi Band....and she picked one out just for me!!!

The fact that she thought of me when she was placing her order did, in fact, melt my heart. Of course, it also relates to the most significant day of my life as well. Have I mentioned that I am an Ironman? Yes, yes, I know, you have heard the story. As a sign of my appreciation for Jodi's generous gift, I proudly put my Iron Goddess Bondi Band on and pumped up the music for an awesome ZUMBA class.

So, thank you, dear friend. Thank you for thinking of me. Thank for you the gift which means something to me. I will think of you every time I wear it and proudly call myself an Iron Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment