Every toddler hears that question, probably a few thousand times. The answers are always interesting. A cowboy. A police office. A firefighter. A princess. Very few kids say they want to grow up conforming to society and doing exactly what society expects of them.
|Hollywood as Jessie|
So I ask you again: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Hmmm....I just don't know. So let's dig deeper. What do you love to do?
- I love to workout. I know. I'm a freak, but I truly do enjoy working out. I love the sense of accomplishment. I love the endorphin high. I love checking it off my list first thing in the morning.
- I love to work on the computer. I love technology.
- I love research. I like digging for the solution to the question.
- I love to plan. Make me a plan. Set me a (realistic) goal and I will accomplish it.
- I love to work independently. I'd rather not have a set schedule because I work best when I feel the desire to do what I want, when I want. Yes, I'm spoiled, but I used to telecommute out of my home when we first moved back to Illinois after living in Milwaukee for 3 years. I loved it. I loved the independence.
- I miss being creative. I feel like I am such a solid, responsible person who left her creatively behind.
- I love to dream BIG. Ask me to shoot for the moon and I'll shoot for the stars.
What do I despise?
- Cooking. I really just want someone to deliver my healthy meals to me. I love food. I just hate the planning and organizing that goes into it ALL.
- I being told what to do and when to do it. I want flexibility in my schedule.
So, what do I want to be when I grow up? I'm not quite sure, but I believe I'm going to master this process and find out.