Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What do you want to be when you grow up?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Every toddler hears that question, probably a few thousand times. The answers are always interesting. A cowboy. A police office. A firefighter. A princess. Very few kids say they want to grow up conforming to society and doing exactly what society expects of them.

Hollywood as Jessie
As children, we use our imaginations. We dream...we aspire. As we age, we allow responsibilities to take control of our imaginations and limit our creativity.

So I ask you again: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Hmmm....I just don't know. So let's dig deeper. What do you love to do?

  1. I love to workout. I know. I'm a freak, but I truly do enjoy working out. I love the sense of accomplishment. I love the endorphin high. I love checking it off my list first thing in the morning. 
  2. I love to work on the computer. I love technology. 
  3. I love research. I like digging for the solution to the question. 
  4. I love to plan. Make me a plan. Set me a (realistic) goal and I will accomplish it. 
  5. I love to work independently. I'd rather not have a set schedule because I work best when I feel the desire to do what I want, when I want. Yes, I'm spoiled, but I used to telecommute out of my home when we first moved back to Illinois after living in Milwaukee for 3 years. I loved it. I loved the independence. 
  6. I miss being creative. I feel like I am such a solid, responsible person who left her creatively behind. 
  7. I love to dream BIG. Ask me to shoot for the moon and I'll shoot for the stars. 
What do I despise? 
  1. Cooking. I really just want someone to deliver my healthy meals to me. I love food. I just hate the planning and organizing that goes into it ALL. 
  2. I being told what to do and when to do it. I want flexibility in my schedule. 
So, what do I want to be when I grow up? I'm not quite sure, but I believe I'm going to master this process and find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment