Monday, October 10, 2011

Back in the U.S. of A.

The last week was rough...tough...unbearable. I spent a week living a very primal life in the wilds of Mexico.
The beautiful infinity pool leading right into the ocean

OK, so maybe the life at Dreams Riviera Maya Resort & Spa wasn't so wild. Unless you count the dinner after my nephew's wedding.
Our waiter at Portofino brought the entire table shots. So we had to drink them!
But most importantly, a week's vacation gives you perspective especially as you get to the end of your trip and realize you have to go home. The end of a vacation makes you think about home and what is waiting for you. I left my husband and two oldest daughters at home for various reasons. Only Princess went with me on this trip. Being in paradise is very difficult without your life partner and I'm not just talking about guilt regarding leaving him behind. The location was beautiful and romantic, but tough to enjoy with your youngest daughter.

The end of a vacation makes you think about how you spend your time 24/7. Are you following your passion? Are you doing what you love?

My answer was not 100% yes. So let the soul searching begin. What do I want to be when I grow up? How do I want to spend my time on this earth? What the heck is my passion?


As I was relaxing on my flight home, I put my ipod on shuffle and start reading a book on my Nook. Suddenly, in the mix of my songs, here comes the voice of my personal hero, Jillian Michaels, reading from her book, "Unlimited".

Is that a God sign? I'm thinking so. So look for some deep introspective over the next few days as I search to find the thing that will make me excited - ok, maybe just look forward to - returning home from vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment