Saturday, September 8, 2012

Because you did it.....

The words of encouragement and inspiration continue to flood in. I realize it's been two weeks, but I am still flying high. Last night was my first chance to attend a Tremont High School Football game. I was so excited to finally enjoy a football game watching my favorite Senior Dance Team Member.
Samantha leading the 4th grade Little Girls Dance Clinic
As I was walking to the game talking about...what else...Ironman, I heard the best words possible:
It's not If you can do it, I can do it. It's because you did it, I think I can. 
These words were spoken by a woman of strength, a woman who has run 2 marathons and does a 300 mile bike ride every summer. I was surprised to hear she ever questioned her ability to complete an Ironman, but I was also glad to know that my journey had inspired her to consider doing one.

And besides my own personal journey toward health, fitness and IRON status, isn't that what it's all about? Inspiring others?

Now my goal is not to get every person I meet to do an Ironman, or even a triathlon. Everybody has different goals and aspirations. Everybody has different interests and restrictions.

My goal is get every person I know to make one more change, make one better decision toward a healthy, happy life. Isn't that what we all really want? To be able to chase after our kids? Or, even if secretly, feel like a hot momma? Haha, yes, admit it. That is the goal! You want to feel GOOD about yourself.

So today: Go for a walk. Get out and ride your bike. Make a better food choice. Do whatever it takes to push yourself to the next level. As you make small changes, you will start to feel the domino affect that it has on your health.

What changes can you make today?

No comments:

Post a Comment