Friday, March 2, 2012

My Reader who loves Me

Last week I wrote about Chrissie Wellington's CNN article on "Train Your Brain" and how she uses a mantra to help her push through some of the tougher points in training. 


A few weeks ago, I created my own mantra to help me push harder:


“I am strong. I am an Ironman.” 

I used it yesterday during my run when I wanted to cut my run short. I used it Sunday when I went swimming with Awesome Cheryl. I used it this week when working on the trainer as I try to increase my bike cadence.

Today when my husband came home, he brought in the mail and handed me a package. Something he had ordered for me. 

Three maroon wristbands - one side says "Ironman Louisville 2012"


The other side says "I am Strong. I am Iron." He ran out of letters, but that's ok. I still hear the message ringing in my head. 

The message? Yes, I am strong. I am an Ironman, but most importantly I am loved by someone who listens to what is important to me and supports me so that I can achieve my goals. 

Thanks, babe. I love you. You are the best road crew ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment