Friday, March 2, 2012

Od' to Glen

This weekend I am going to attend the spring Les Mills Quarterly in Chicago, IL. I attended one last fall and had a blast participating in all of the different Les Mills classes. I came home tired, but inspired. Once I signed up for IMLOU, I swore that I wouldn't sign up for another quarterly until my Ironman was over. Taking a weekend to do classes would interrupt my Ironman training schedule. I usually plan a long run on Saturday so my muscles can recover on Sunday before starting the new week. 


Then the announcement came out regarding the March Quarterly and my heart stopped. The one and only Glen Ostergaard would be in both Chicago and St. Louis for the Midwest events. Who is Glen Ostergaard? 


Glen is the International Program Director for both RPM & Body Pump. My first Les Mills training was for RPM in May of 2010. Glen and his wife, Sarah, were the stars of RPM 50. Glen coached, coaxed and pushed his class participants through the workout. My third Les Mills training was for Body Pump 77 in April 2011. Again, Glen led the class like a master so that you get to the end of the workout you are crying for more!


I'm looking forward to the opportunity to meet Glen this weekend, but most of all I'm looking forward to drinking in more of the Les Mills kool-aid. 




No comments:

Post a Comment