Sunday, October 17, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: October 19th

With a few moments to spare, I'm trying plan my menus for the week. It may be called Menu Plan Monday, but I'm getting it done on Sunday! My goal for the week is use primarily what I have on hand to create meals for my family. Payday is Friday and we need to stretch those grocery dollars until then! We also have a busy week with basketball games for Sunshine on top of my kids' other activities and trying to get my workouts in.

Monday night is a low key night for us. Not too much going on so I'm going to take advantage of it and actually cook dinner that night. Tuesday & Thursday we have basketball games. So those nights will be crock pot nights. Wednesday I plan on pulling out a meal from the freezer thanks to 30 Day Gourmet. Friday will probably be leftover night because Sunshine has a late basketball practice and then she'll head straight off to the dodgeball tournament. Saturday we have three different cookouts to attend. So we'll have to take a dish to share to some or all of those. Sunday we'll have a nice family lunch after church before I head off to play volleyball and swim for the evening.

So here it is: My menu plan for the week of October 19th
Monday:       Almond-Crusted Tilapia with Crunchy Quinoa w/Almonds and Apricots
Tuesday:       Crockpot Enchiladas from 30 Day Gourmet
Wednesday:  Cashew Chicken from 30 Day Gourmet
Thursday:      Crockpot Sweet & Sour Chicken w/mango from 30 Day Gourmet
Friday:          Leftovers - Waste not Want Not!
Saturday:      Mom's Taco Salad & My World Famous Chex Mix (actually from Pampered Chef)
Sunday:        Salmon Burgers with Mediterranean Salad

That's the plan. Now I've got to stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment