Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Over it!

The exhaustion has moved on thanks to a couple of active recovery days. Monday I taught Pump & Zumba and ignored my treadmill. Tuesday I taught Flow & Zumba and ignored my trainer. I did not actually rest, but I am happy with the choices I made. 

My Lonely Trainer

I am a firm believer that you need to listen to your body. Not your mind, but your body. When I was training for IMLOU this summer, I believe one of the reasons I stayed healthy and had such a fantastic day is because I listened to my body, recognized the exhuastion and knew when to pull back on a work out. Recognizing when to pull back can be a tricky thing. Sometimes you just don't want to work out and yes that's when you need put on your big girl panties and just Gitter Done! However, there are times when the body is saying enough is enough. 

Ready for More!
 And now I'm only 3 days away from my first complete rest day since January 2nd and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Since I don't have morning classes today and nothing else to occupy my time, I am going to push through a couple of tough workouts this morning at home.

First the drainer trainer:

Warmup -  10 minutes at 68-73%.  Then go hard >106% for 20 seconds followed by a 40 second rest interval of 68-73% then repeat the 20 second/40 second interval 4 more times for a total of 5 intervals. Then 5 minutes at 80%.
Main Set -  30 seconds hard 95-100% followed by 30 second rest interval of 75-80%.  then repeat 19 more times for a total of 20 intervals or 20 minutes.  Then 5 minutes at 75-80%.
Cooldown - Plan says: CD: 5' @ 65%
This means: Cooldowns are 5 minutes of progressively easier resistance then stretch.

And then to hit the treadmill for a total of 5 miles: 1 mile easy @ 10:56, 3 miles at a short tempo 9:21, 1 mile easy @ 10:56. 

All with Netflix. I guess it's time to get moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment