Friday, January 8, 2010

As the snow flies...


Since yesterday was a snow day in our little town, I took advantage of the time to catch up on the things that I want to do. It’s amazing how far behind you can get in 4 days of just dealing with things that I need to do. I read a few blogs. I reviewed my meal and workout plans. All as I watched the snow continue to fall throughout the day.


My favorite recipe right now is based on a recipe from Hungry Girl. Berries & Cream Oatmeal Pudding. I’ve modified the recipe from Hungry Girl 200 under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories to suit my needs…and my pantry. The creamy warm goodness of this recipe cannot be beat. I love Hungry Girl’s creative take on meals. Her recipes are something usually quick & easy and she’s not afraid to say exactly what products I need to buy in the store. For me, who is NOT Martha, Hungry Girl is a great help!

For dinners this week, I’ve also tried two recipes from my latest Diabetic Living magazine. Zesty Sloppy Joes were definitely a winner for me. Not only did I make the sauce from scratch, the meal was full of, yes, ZEST & spice. My DH& I loved this one. I also made Mediterranean Meat loaf this week which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. I did modify the recipe because I didn’t have bread crumbs in my pantry. I used Old Fashioned Oats instead. Meat loaf rarely gets me excited, but I did enjoy this recipe…and I’m still enjoying the leftovers as well.


Yesterdays workout was The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout with the lower body toning segment. I will review the DVD soon now that I have completed the lower body toning, but let me tell you a secret now. It is a good one! Jillian does lead this DVD. She uses HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training. In this video, HIIT is broken into 30 seconds cardio segments followed by 30 seconds weight training/toning with no rest between. Hmmmm! I love this DVD. I just wish I had more like it! I completed the Last Chance workout and felt good. I decided to hop on the hamster wheel and do a hills workout to complete my lower body toning. I warmed up for 5 minutes and then raised the incline for 4 minutes, lowered to a 2% incline for 1 minute and then returned to a higher incline for 4 minutes repeating this interval until I had finished 30 minutes on the treadmill.

By the time I was done, my legs felt like I pushed them quite a bit, but I wasn’t exhausted. I felt great! The adrenaline rush had already kicked in. I love working out! REMEMBER THAT FEELING?

No comments:

Post a Comment