Friday, January 8, 2010

Why did I eat that?

Timing is everything and thankfully, God & Jillian put an email in my inbox on Wednesday. Wednesday, my most crazy day of the week. Remember my crazy schedule? I had to wear several hats that day…bookkeeper, coach, recreation coordinator and fitness gal!


When I got home from work on Wednesday, I had this insane craving for something sweet. I tried to ignore it. I tried to push it away from my mind. I tried to eat something other than a sweet to satisfy it, but nothing worked. Finally, I caved and ate two homemade caramels. Ahhh, relief.

BUT…that got me thinking. Why did I have this craving today of all days? Jillian had the answer for me. I read Jillian’s article on the hormone leptin with great interest. Now would I say Wednesday was a stressful day for me? NO. But I was rushing from one job to the next back to back to back with no time to mentally shift gears. Plus, I didn’t get my workout completed in the morning. Instead, I had to wait to work out and ran 4 miles on the treadmill at 8 p.m. instead of 8 a.m.

All this got me thinking about how my Wednesdays are going to work for the next few months. I don’t want Wednesdays to become my mid-week splurge day because I have problems with social eating on the weekends already. Now I’m convinced that I need to change my schedule to allow a little light exercise on Wednesday mornings even if it’s not my full workout to help me get into my healthy mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment