Friday, January 1, 2010

The 1st day of the new year

The 1st day of the New Year is now coming to a close. I ate within my calorie allowance and got my calorie burn as well. My afternoon snack was quite large because by the time I got off the treadmill and had a shower I really was quite hungry.

Food Log 1/1/2010

Breakfast: 1 c Kashi GoLean Cereal with 1 c skim milk, ½ c Egg Beaters

Lunch: 1 c Veggie Soup, salad with romaine lettuce, feta cheese, yellow peppers, Canadian bacon & olive salad dressing

Snack: Nature Valley Peanut Butter Granola bar

(WORKOUT)

Snack: 1 c Veggie Soup, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/4c mixed nuts

Dinner: Sweet & Sour meatballs, 1 c whole wheat pasta, 1 c skim milk



For my workout, I started out using the kettle bells, but I can’t consider that much of a workout. For some reason, I just couldn’t get into it. Maybe it was because I was watching The Biggest Loser re-run on Fine Living Network while the instructional DVD ran in the background. Plus, because it was the instructional part of the DVD, the transitions between exercises were just too long. Next time I’ll just pick the specific exercises that I want to complete.

Next I got on the treadmill. I did a 5 minute walking warm-up and then started running at a nice easy speed of 5.5 and incline of 1. When The Biggest Loser went into commercials, I pumped up the speed to 7. Of course, I was dying for the commercials to end even more than usual so I could drop the speed back to 5.5 I did this for about the first 30 minutes. During that time, I kept my heart rate between 148-160.

At the end of my 30 minutes, I dropped the speed to 4, but also raised the incline to 4. I didn’t want my heart rate to drop too fast. When my heart rate dropped below 140, I dropped the incline back to 1 and pumped up the speed to 5.5 again. On commercials, I would return to my walking speed of 4 keeping my incline at 1. I continued this interval for the next 30 minutes. Overall, my calorie burn was 618. I completed 5.11 miles in 60 minutes.

I’ve done quite well today considering that I am now dealing with a mild headache. For some reason, I haven’t been able to sleep the last couple of nights. I think it has a lot to do with all of the great plans I have for starting the year twenty-ten off in a bright, prosperous and healthy way. With my lack of sleep Wednesday night and staying up late to celebrate the New Year, I thought I would have zonked out and slept the morning away, but it was not meant to be. I was awake at 7 a.m. trying vainly to roll over and fall back asleep…..but no.

Well, here’s to having Day 1 completed. I am still working on my monthly plans as far as meal plans and finances. Meal plans will definitely be tricky for the next couple of months as I start coaching travel volleyball next week. I have considered doing some freezer cooking over each weekend to store up on meals for the week. Still trying to work out that one…..but decisions will need to be made soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment