Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MMM: Greek Chicken & Chickpea Stew

Greek Chicken & Chickpea Stew
with a salad & Mediterranean salad
dressing
I haven't been really good about posting our reviews....heck, I haven' been really good about cooking from the "No Meal with Dinner". But with a sick kid and not being able to leave the couch, I thought it was time to play catch up.


Way back in December heck make that NOVEMBER, I made Greek Chicken & Chickpea Stew from the Meal Makeover Moms. I love the concept of crock pot meals. How simple can it be? Throw it all in a crock pot and cook for several hours, come home from work and WHOLA! Dinner is served! I was especially excited about this meal because I love Greek food and thought this would be a wonderful match to go with my Mediterranean Salad dressing.

Princess was less than
excited about trying the
stew.
HOWEVER, the reviews were less than promising. Camo-Man said it tasted like a typical chicken crock pot meal. Kind of bland and not a lot of flavor. Sadly, I had to agree. The meal fell flat in my mind. It was ok, but it didn't really satisfy any of my craving for flavorful, tasty food.

Sorry Meal Makeover Moms. I am going to push more flavor in my crock pot meals. That's what seems to satisfy my eaters more.

No comments:

Post a Comment