Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spongebob, French Braids & a Treadmill Run

Starting Friday morning, my body hasn't moved much. It's pretty much been plunked on the couch cuddling with my little Princess who woke up Friday morning complaining of a headache, stomach ache and sore throat. I kept her home from school in the morning thinking maybe a little extra sleep might help, but by 9 am she was running a fever.

While it may sound slightly morbid, I do enjoy these sudden days off. I spent the morning getting caught up on laundry, cleaned off my kitchen counter and mopped my kitchen floor. By 11 am, I felt pretty good about my accomplishments sitting down at my computer to do some work from home while watching one of my favorite Christmas gifts, Season 3 of The Tudors. It's definitely not something I can watch with my children. (The S-E-X scenes seems to come out of nowhere.) Princess spent most of the day in my room watching Nick Jr & The Disney Channel - much more appropriate for my Princess. I was supposed to go swimming on Friday morning, but that was definitely out the window. I thought about heading downstairs to the trainer or treadmill, but with Sunshine's 1st volleyball game and Hollywood dancing at the high school boys basketball game, Camo-Man had to go support our other daughters for the evening. So instead, I snuggled on the couch with Princess into the late hours of the evening. I just didn't feel right leaving Princess alone upstairs for any length of time with a fever... and for good reason. I woke Princess up about 10 pm to give her a dose of Motrin before heading to bed....and up came dinner....all the through the house. As soon as it started, I picked Princess up with one arm, the other covering her mouth and pulled her through the living room to the kitchen and into the bathroom. We left a trail of  - well, you know - all throughout the house. Good night! That was enough for me.

Luckily, the upset stomache was just a one time thing. We spent Saturday pretty much repeating Friday....and boredom set in. I read all of my blogs. I sorted through email. I read everyone's Facebook statuses. We even worked on Princess' American Girl Scarf kit she received from Santa, but nothing could alleviate the boredom. I taught Princess how to braid hair and even tried my hand at French braiding. B-O-R-I-N-G!! Finally, Camo-Man came home from coaching Princess' basketball team in the tournament and I RAN down to the treadmill. I couldn't wait to get on the treadmill and have something TO DO!

I haven't run much in the last few months and this was only the 2nd time in 2011. I did a nice 5 minute walking warm-up and some light weight work to get my body nice and warm before running. I didn't want to have a sore hip when I was done so I made sure to take my time and make sure it was nice and warmed up. I set the treadmill on incline 1, speed 5.6 and started out with a nice easy mile. At mile two, I increased my speed to 5.8 and mile 3 went to 6. I could tell I haven't run much when I started to feel a dull ache behind my shoulder blade from the repetitive motion, but a little stretching eased the ache. After completing my three miles, I did 5 intervals setting the speed up to 8.0 for 30 seconds, jumped off and rested for 15 seconds, and the jogged for 15 seconds at 6 again before starting it all over again. Finally, I did my cool down for 5 minutes to complete a total of 3.9 miles. WHEW! It felt great to get up and move my body.

Sunday I'm hoping to get my swim in AND a trainer workout. It's going to be another busy day for our household, but I have the feeling that Princess and I may be plunked on the couch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment