Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 Race Calendar

My race calendar is pretty slim so far this year. Gee, I don't know why I'm only doing an Ironman this year. Yep, that's my "A" Race. 


Indy Mini-Marathon May 5, 2012
I'm officially registered for the Indy Mini-Marathon (13.1) in May. I've done this race for the past two years and I've really enjoyed it. The course is great and they have tons of bands and entertainment groups lining the race course to keep you distracted as you race crawl by. Here's a picture of the starting line. Yes, it is crazy. Last year I started with Camo-Man in Corral Q because he didn't have a previous half-marathon time. It took us almost 20 minutes to get to the actual starting line. However, look out for clothes tossed on the road. They can trip you up. Just ask Camo-Man. 


Ironman Louisville August 26, 2012
I'm also officially registered for IM-LOU. AHHHH! How did that happen? Yes, it still seems unreal. Probably because it's still 8 months away and I haven't hit the major grind yet on my training. If I come out of the Ohio River alive, I'll be smiling from ear to ear. I don't care that I still have a 112 mile bike ride and a 26.2 mile run to complete. I'll be happy that I've jumped over that major hurdle. 


As a side note, I do have a dear friend known as Captain Bill who is a professional life coach. He's watching my completely mental postings on Facebook regarding my fear of the swim. He had me name my saboteur, or my negative voice. I called him Diablo. I'm supposed to work on covering Diablo's pie hole with duct tape so I can block out his negative energy. Next I need to name my cheerleader. So I can give her a voice which can be heard loud and clear.


Anyway, back to my race calendar. I haven't registered yet for the Tremont Triathlon. I am going to register soon, but if I don't get in I'll just offer to help and do a long bike ride that afternoon. 


Camo-Man reserved a 3-bedroom suite last week for Orlando in November. It looks like I pressured him into the Wine & Dine Festival/Half-Marathon Weekend again. YAYAYAYAY! I'm so excited. I love Disney. I love, love, love the food & wine festival. I didn't love the half marathon the first time I did it, but maybe this year with all of my training I won't feel quite so stiff and will be able to enjoy the after party. The half marathon is on Saturday, November 10th, and starts at 10 pm.


I've also thought about:
Delavan Frostbite Classic - half marathon on March 25, 2012
Capital City Biathlon - 3.1 mile run followed by 15 mile bike on May 26, 2012. I would love to do this one and then ride my bike back to Tremont, but my Princess also will be playing in a softball tournament that day. So we'll have to see. 
Ironman 70.3 Muncie - Half Ironman in Muncie on July 7th. 


Unfortunately, two vacation are hitting during 4 very busy race weekends. So I won't be able to do some of the races I wanted to do. Oh well. Again, it comes back to my A race. Being prepared for Louisville. That is the end goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment