Sunday, January 15, 2012

All work, No Play

Since I just signed up for IMLOU last Tuesday, I guess you could technically call this my first week of Ironman training and it has been a long one. I guess that's a sign of what is yet to come. 


My typical day:

  • Wake up
  • Breakfast
  • Get kids ready for school and drop off Princess
  • Teach group fitness
  • Work on ZUMBA (launch is Monday YAY!)
  • Complete my first IM workout
  • Lunch
  • Complete my second IM workout
  • Shower
  • Kids come home from school
  • Snack
  • Run to kids' evening activities
  • Some time in there find time for dinner 
You would think that with all of my working out the pounds would be dropping off of me; however, I hear Jillian Michaels' voice ringing in my head. I need to eat a lot more food in order to make that happen. I'm hoping to spend sometime today "REST DAY" (do you hear the angels singing?) working on my nutrition plan for the week. The last ten pounds have got to come off before summer. 

Here  is my actual workout report for last week:
Monday: PUMP (8:30 am), worked on ZUMBA (9:30 am), 60 minute trainer ride following the Winter Bike Plan from Beginner Triathlete (1  pm), adult volleyball (7 pm)

Tuesday: FLOW (8:30 am), interval run 10-20 min warm-up, 2x1200 @6:32 pace <2:00 RI>, 4x800 @4:18 pace <2:00 RI>, 10 min cool down (10-20 min warm-up, 2x1200 @6:32 pace <2:00 RI>, 4x800 @4:18 pace <2:00 RI>, 10 min cool down) (11 am), Swim 2x800 (1 pm)

Wednesday: Gave a practice ZUMBA class (10 am), 90 minute trainer ride (2 pm), FLOW & PUMP followed by more ZUMBA (am I obsessing too much?)

Thursday: PUMP (8:30 am), 2 hour nap (2 pm), Run on treadmill (1 mi easy, 2 miles @ mid-tempo pace, 1 mile easy, 2 miles at mid-tempo pace, 1 mile easy) (7pm)

Friday: FLOW (8:30 am), 40 minute trainer ride (10:45 am), 1000 yard swim

Saturday: PUMP (9 am), 8 mile treadmill run (11:30 am)

Sunday: Grateful for rest day. I thought about working on ZUMBA again tonight, but as of now I am going to take the rest day and thoroughly enjoy it. 

As much as I am eating, I definitely need to up my calorie intake. I need to find ways to increase my caloric intake without adding too many carbs and balancing my nutritional needs. I'm going to review my "Making the Cut" book by Jillian Michaels and see if my hero can help me out here. 

I am also a firm believer in listening to your body. On Thursday, I was so tired I decided to  lay down for a catnap which turned into a two hour nap. Obviously, my body needed the rest. So I don't feel guilty about it at all. 

On Friday,  my plan was to do another set of 2x800 at the pool; however, when I got there, I just couldn't get my body into a nice freestyle groove. Instead I worked on speed drills (counting strokes for each 25 yards) and using the breast stroke to site where I'm at in the pool. 

Listen to your body. It's key. If you don't, you may end up with an injury which will set you back several weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment