Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Heading to the hills

After traveling to Louisville a few weeks ago to ride the bike course, I knew I needed to find a hilly route in amongst all of this crazy, drying corn. The key to the new route is HILLS and lots of them. A fellow T3 member training for L'ville shared her bike route with me. I drove the new route today and I am anxious to get out there and give it a try.

With this route, I'll have two options. If I'm looking for mileage, the best option is to leave Tremont driving through Washington up the through the hills of Germantown Hills and over to Metamora where we can stop at an aid gas station to purchase cold drinks. This option allows for 52 miles of continuous riding. The second option would be to drive to Washington and ride the Germantown Hills loop about seven times (in order to get at least 112 miles) taking the out and back to Metamora to refresh drinks.


Find more Bike Ride in Tremont, IL

Awesome Cheryl is coming up Saturday to try out the route, but I don't know if I can wait that long. My scheduled workout for tomorrow is a 60 minute bike ride. I might have to drive up to Washington and just check out the roads to make sure they are safe for us this weekend.

I'm heading to the hills!! Time to get serious about this Ironman Louisville thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment