Saturday, July 14, 2012

IMLOU Practice Route

It's the weekend and that means two things!
1. I'm celebrating my daughter's birthday. Holy crap! How can I have a daughter who will be going to college next year? I swear I am not that old, but then reality keeps smacking me in the face reminding me that YES! I am getting older. 

2. I am going to head to the hills again this weekend. Awesome Cheryl is coming up Sunday and we are going to try and do the Germantown Hills loop. Our goal is a minimum of 100 miles. The roads are long, windy and hilly. Very similar to IMLOU. I am going to focus on my uphill technique and relaxing my shoulders. I discovered I tend to tense my shoulders quite a bit when working the hills.
Yes, these hills will work to prepare me for IMLOU. 
I rode 25 miles of the loop on Wednesday. I started in Washington and made my way out to Santa Fe Trail Road. Yes, I am pretty sure this will be a great long ride route in order to prepare for IMLOU. I am prepared and ready for the challenge! Bring it on!
Breathtaking views

On the other side of the hill, I stopped to take a picture of the beautiful view. I realize I live in the flatlands of Central Illinois, but some of the views are still very breathtaking. I am in awe of God's handiwork. 


Look for a report on the loop next week....and say a prayer that all things go well. 

See you on the downhill!





No comments:

Post a Comment