Saturday, July 7, 2012

Muse, 'Survival', official song of Olympics 2012

Olympic organizers chose 'Survival' as the official song of the Olympics Games 2012. The song was written by the British rock band, Muse, with the Olympics in mind. The Today show reported this morning that the song which will be played as athletes enter venues and prior to medal ceremonies has received criticism.

I watched the video below and I LOVE IT especially when you put the song with the montage of past and present Olympic moments. (If you are clueless about the significance of some of these clips, read this online news article for an explanation.)



I am not a particular Muse fan even though I did love their song 'Supermassive Black Hole'. (How could you not love those guitars to open the song? It's on my training playlist!) but I think 'Survival' is a modern song which captures the essence of an Olympians determination to win.

What do you think??

Oh...by the way...here is Supermassive Black Hole as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment