Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bring it on, Monday!

Seeing as how I got very little sleep over the weekend, I shouldn't have been surprised when my morning didn't start off right. My alarm goes off at 5:15 a.m. and normally it takes me a few minutes, but I get out of bed by 5:30. Not today. I hit the snooze button for about 20 minutes like any other normal person in self denial that it's time to wake up.

Then I just turned it off.

And went back to sleep.

I finally rolled my lazy, sluggish self out of bed about 6:30 a.m., but I should have been realistic Sunday night when I went to bed and realized 5 am was not going to be my friend.

In order to feel better about my slow moving morning, I decided it was time to get back to calorie counting. So I logged right on to my favorite online calorie counting page, Spark People, and started updating my stats. I was astounded when I saw this:

Glucose/Diabetes Measurements
MEASUREMENTTODAY'S ENTRYLAST ENTRIES
Glucose (daily)  
A1C (twice a year) 


I didn't know you could track your glucose reading on Spark People. Wow! Now I don't know if this pops for everyone or if I finally admitted to Spark People that I was diabetic and they gave me access to this portion of the tracker, but I was thrilled. Now I might actually go back to checking my sugars on a daily basis. Actually, I just read an article in Diabetic Living magazine which talks about checking your sugars before and after a meal to see how a meal affects your body. I really want to do that. I have the feeling that this information will help me more than anything on figuring out why my A1C was so much higher last time.

Unfortunately, I tracked my breakfast....and then that was it for the day. I was so busy getting ready for my board meeting I forgot about calorie tracking. Actually, I thought about it each time I ate something, but never followed through. So, I am catching up this morning and putting it all in the tracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment