Monday, August 2, 2010

1000 miles in a year

I received an email from a friend who wants to do a 1000 miles in a year. A fitness challenge to get ourselves motivated as well as some of our dear friends. I threw out the idea of allowing any type of mileage - run, walk, bike, swim, skate board, roller blade - whatever it takes to get your body moving.

Problem is - I really don't know how many miles I do in a given week. Naturally, I cover a lot more when I ride my bike. A lot less when I swim. I haven't kept track of my mileage in a while. This will make for an interesting challenge as I watch the miles rack up.

I also tossed out my main problem area: tracking food. Even if I just journal it, I need to write it down and  be very aware of what I'm putting in my mouth. So here's to re-focusing on my goals:

  • Exercise
  • Tracking Food
  • Drinking Water
  • No Soda
What about you? What are you problem area? What do you need to focus on?

1 comment:

  1. I was feeling a little rough lately, thinking that my mileage had suffered for about the past month, but I went back and added up my stats. I started keeping track in February and was trying to run 20 miles per week. In the past 24 weeks I have run or walked 527 miles (ran most of those too!!). This challenge will be a walk in the park for you Carla!!

    ReplyDelete