Friday, August 13, 2010

Swim like a fish

The last 48 hours have been pretty good for my body. Wednesday night I did 5 miles of intervals through town. Yes, at 9:30 pm and no, I did not fall like Sunday night. The humidity was tough though. So I decided to implement some lessons learned from Run Less Run Faster and work on some speedwork. Call me wimpy, but it certainly helped the 5 miles go by a little easier.

Thursday morning I decided it was time to re-bond with Dolce and set out on a longer bike ride. 23 miles in the humid morning and my legs were tired for the rest of the day. That night Camo-Man and I decided to head up to the pool and do some lap swimming. I can't wait for that pool to close, except that I like taking advantage of it when I need to get some laps in. So maybe a small part of me will be sad when it shuts down. I really wasn't in the mood to swim. I was in the mood to sit on my butt and snuggle with my kiddos, but Camo-Man wanted to exercise. I got into the pool and just thought I'd do a few laps. I put my head down and didn't come out until I had finished 1000 yards! That was a miracle for me! Usually, I'd do a 50 and then stop to catch my breath and go again. Now, I definitely took some deep breaths before turning around heading back, but I was constantly in movement and FELT AWESOME. It made me think I actually could swim!

Today is a rest day for me. I wanted to get into work early so I could spend the afternoon in a lounge chair by the pool. Sometime over the weekend I need to run 8 miles and it sounds like Sunday might be the better day considering the cool front which is supposed to come in Saturday night. So maybe tomorrow will be a bike ride with my Camo-Man and Sunday will be 8 miles before church and swimming that night. Who knows? I just feel very accomplished right now and very happy with my workouts this week. Yay me!

So, what are you doing to move your body this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Carla!! You just keep reaching goal after goal!!!! Keep it up!!!

    I ran 5 miles this morning! I was slow though, boy it's hot! After 12 days of the 1000 mile challenge I am at 46 miles (38 running and 8 walking). A good pace to start, but let's see if I can keep it up in the winter on the hamster wheel.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What day did we start this challenge? I wasn't sure.So far in August I've run 29.1 mi, biked 67.55 mi and swam 4120 yards (or just over 2 miles).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have August 2nd as the start date...keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete