Thursday, August 26, 2010

Call me a WHINO

Yes, the week of the guinea pig continues. In the last week, I've tried eating the following snacks before bed:

  • Popcorn - My all time favorite snack. I could crunch and munch on it forever. However, it didn't really help my bs reading which 129 in the morning.
  • Almonds & Oatmeal Squares - I tried a protein and carb combination wondering if the protein would help since it takes longer for your body to process Nope, BS = 127 in the morning
  • Glass of red wine - I read on one of the forums at Diabetes Daily about a T2 diabetic who drank a glass of red wine before bed each night and it really helped his/her morning readings. Me? BS = 107
  • Bud Light Lime - Last night after our board meeting, a few of us went to our local awesome restaurant, Perdue's Grill, and had an adult beverage. My drink of choice was Bud Light Lime. What do you think happened? BS = 102 (It is also important to note that during the meeting I tried to say no to the cookies I bought for the board members, but they were Reese's Pieces Cookies and they called out my name towards the end of the night. Who am I to deny them?)
So after a week's experiment, I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer deny my alcoholic roots. I must give in to the call of the moonshine and drink.....and drink lots of it. Or maybe, possibly a better plan would be to continue my cute little experiment and see what else comes out of all this. 

The one question I've begun to ponder is how am I supposed to lose weight if I can't go more than a couple of hours without eating? I've had the most success in losing weight when I go to bed slightly hungry. Do I eat more, smaller meals? Should I spread out my calories throughout the day better? Ugh, my head hurts just thinking about it. Which do I need to balance more? Calories? Carbs? Blood Sugars? OH MY!

1 comment:

  1. My mother-in-law is diabetic and she has Blue Bunny sugar free ice cream EVERY night before she goes to bed, it's her treat and her routine.

    ReplyDelete