Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Going to College

I know it's hard to believe, but I've really got college on the brain right now. Most of my summer staff and lifeguards are returning or going away to college for the first time. It's been an interesting week listening to parents and students who are going through this transition. Some kids seem to take it all in stride and don't skip a beat while others struggle as they go through the motions of being away from their family and friends for the 1st time.

I was trolling through some websites trying to decide how I'm going to approach my fall menu planning when I came across Teri's Blog's post about going away to college. I find it hard to believe, but my little baby Hollywood will be starting college in 3 short years. I guess it's never too early to get prepared for that day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still in denial that my kids will leave for college someday....having a hard enough dealing with my youngest leaving for kindergarten tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete