Sunday, February 7, 2010

DVD-Rev: The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout


I can't believe I have written about this DVD yet. It is definitely a favorite of mine. DONE. Now you can stop reading.


The Last Chance Workout led by Jillian Michaels has 5 segments to chose from: warm-up, LC workout, Upper Body Strengthening, Lower Body Strengthening and cool down. I haven't done this workout very much in the last few weeks, but found myself trying to avoid the pool on Friday and decided to give it a try.


The actual workout segment itself is made of HIIT: High intensity interval training: 30 second cardio segments followed by 30 seconds of strength training. The cardio segments are fairly simple...variations of jumping jacks, running in place, butt kicks, etc. The strength training segments vary based on muscle groups. With a total of 7 segments, I find myself cursing Jillian about segment 6 or 7.  The upper body & lower body segments are nice complimentary pieces to the whole workout. Since I haven't done much strength training lately, I definitely felt all of those achy muscles on Saturday morning, but it was an ache that made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment