Tuesday, December 15, 2009

DVD-Rev: The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga - Part 2

I know I've had the DVD for a week now. You would think I would have gotten more use out of it. The library was already calling for it to come back to the library, but with my cold I only got to use it once. So, today I was determined to try the DVD again. This time I customized my own workout with a 5 minute warm-up, 20 minutes & 15 minutes segments and a 5 minute cool down.

The 20 minute segment was basically the Maximum Results program. Lots of Warrior 1 & 2 poses, triangles, and plank positions. Still, a lot of time on your wrists, but I didn't have that feeling that my wrists needed to pop today so that was a little bit better.

My favorite portion of the workout was the 15 minute segment which wasn't a part of the Maximum Results program. It was actually a 15 minute core workout. The segment did use a lot of plank positions, but I really enjoyed this core workout. It was hard, but I loved all of the different positioning without doing a single crunch. I was a little dismayed though when everyone on the DVD pulled out their light medicine ball to use in some of the exercises. On most of the exercises, I was able to substitute with a light hand weight and balled up my sweatshirt to put between my knees instead of the medicine ball.

Overall, I enjoyed this DVD. It's a good workout, something different for me. However, I am still not a huge yoga fan. I know if I keep doing it consistently I will see results, but yoga will have to be a supplemental workout for me. I know I've gotten a good workout. My shoulders, arms and wrists could feel it, but I just haven't caught the yoga bug...yet. I guess I'll keep trying. I'm giving this DVD a 3-star rating because 1) I don't love yoga, and 2) I didn't like all of the impact on my wrists.

No comments:

Post a Comment