Tuesday, December 22, 2009

WWCore Vegetable Soup 0 pt

One of my favorite recipes to get me through the winter months and helps me eat my vegetatables is Weight Watchers Core Vegetable Soup for 0 points. Plus, the bonus feature is that it's a crock pot recipe. Put all of the ingredient in and walk away for a few hours. I love anything that is EASY! My crock before I even chop up any vegetables.
I added the chopped up vegetables....and a few hours later....

YUMMY YUMMY HOT SOUP! I usually have at least 1 cup per day through the winter. One batch lasts me about a week.
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
10 oz spinach, baby, washed
2 medium carrots(s), chopped (NOTE: I like things easy. So I chop a few baby carrots.)
2 medium stalk celery, chopped
1 large onion(s), chopped
1 clove garlic clove(s), minced
4 c vegetable broth, low-sodium
28 oz canned diced tomatoes, no-salt added
2 leaf bay leaves
1 T dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
Place all ingredients in a slow cookers; cover and cook on high power for 5 hours. Remove bay leaves, stir and serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment