Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's the most FATTTENING time of the year

It’s Sunday, December 20, 2009 and yes, it is the most fattening time of the year. Let’s exam why.

1. Everyone is running here and there trying to purchase gifts that no one needs instead of exercising.


2. There are some people in our lives who believe that food is the 6th love language and will spend hours and hours baking in the kitchen to pass out fattening treats to their friends, co-workers and neighbors.


3. Tradition. My family has a multi-generational tradition of making homemade candy each holiday season. Candy which is oh so yummy, but also full of nothing more than sugar and butter.

4. Cookie exchanges. I love my neighbors and last year I refused to participate in the fat exchange, but I succumbed this year due to pressure from my sweet tooth husband.

My goal for December was to maintain, but then I also got a cold and lost my voice. On top of it all, my Mini-Me got pink eye this week and my dear hubby was diagnosed with pneumonia.
Yep, it all adds up to stress and a quick grab of all those cookies, candies and goodies which are just splayed out across my pantry counter. Guess I’d better go get on the treadmill after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment